Year after year, Poland has become a new home for many foreigners. and of course for many Mexicans.
In 2018 we published an article on the number of Mexicans residing in Poland. This article was of great interest to our readers, especially for those people who were interested in moving to this country.
In 2018 the number was only 463 Mexicans in this European country – If you are interested you can read the 2018 article at this link.
For 2020, we have collected information on the number of Mexicans living in Poland, and we are happy to say that this number has increased again.
Statistics of Foreigners Living in Poland 2020
To put the number of Mexicans living in Poland in context, it is important to compare them with the number of foreigners residing in this country.
According to the official migration site of Poland (migracje.gov.pl), there are a total of 448,725* foreigners living in Poland :
- 52.44% are from Ukraine (235,191 people)
- 6.24% are from Belarus (28,008 people)
- 4.67% are from Germany (20,953 people)
60.46% are men and 39.54% are women. The most popular age range of foreigners living in Poland is between 20 and 39 years old, which represents 57.36% of all foreigners living in Poland.
Poland is not a popular country for people over 80 years old, since only 1,545 foreigners reside, which represents only 0.34% of the total number of foreigners in the country.
*Only foreigners who have a temporary or permanent legal stay in Poland are considered, tourists are not counted, or people living without any legal permission to stay in Poland
Statistics of Mexicans Living in Poland 2020
In the case of our compatriots, in 2020 there are 631* Mexicans living in Poland. In the last 10 years the Mexican population in this country has almost tripled, the number of Mexicans went from 245* (the year 2010) to 631* (the year 2020)
The number of Mexicans living in this country only represents 0.14% of the total population of foreigners in Poland .
Comparing with 2019, the Mexican population in Poland increased by 13.4%. In 2019 there were 557* Mexicans living in this country.
*Only Mexicans who have a temporary or permanent legal stay in Poland are considered. Tourists are not considered, or people who live without any legal permission to stay in Poland.
Permits for Mexicans living in Poland
Mexicans legally residing in this country are distributed as follows:
- Temporary residence: 438
- Permanent residence: 151
- Long-term residence in the European Union: 25
- Residence for being a family member of a member of the European Union: 16
- Residence for humanitarian reasons: 1
Demographics of Mexicans living in Poland
These are the demographics of the 631 Mexicans living in Poland.
- 68% are men (428)
- 32% are women (203)
- The most popular age range is between 20 and 39 years old (473 people)
- There are 9 Mexicans who are between 60 and 79 years old
- There are 27 young people (under 20 years old) residing in this country
- There are 122 Mexicans between 40 and 59 years old
Regions where Mexicans live in Poland
Poland is divided into a total of 16 regions (Województwa) which allows us to understand the distribution of Mexicans in this country.
The three most popular regions among Mexicans
The first region where more Mexicans live is Mazowiecki (Warsaw is the capital of this region) with a total of 206:
- 70% male (144)
- 30% are women (62)
- The most popular age range in this region is from 20 to 39 years (147 people)
- 66% of Mexicans have a temporary residence (136 people)
- 56 Mexicans have permanent residence
The second most popular region among Mexicans is Małopolski (Kraków is the capital of this region) with a total of 160 Mexicans:
- 73% male (117)
- 27% are women (43)
- The most popular age range in this region is from 20 to 39 years (122 people)
- 78% of Mexicans have a temporary residence (125 people)
- Only 25 Mexicans have permanent residence
The third most popular region among Mexicans is Łódzkie (Łódź is the capital of this region) with a total of 54 Mexicans:
- 56% are men (30)
- 44% are women (24)
- The most popular age range in this region is from 20 to 39 years (45 people)
- 81% of Mexicans have a temporary residence (44 people)
- Only 8 Mexicans have permanent residence
The regions with the least Mexicans living in Poland
- Warmińsko-mazurskie (Olsztyn is the capital of this region): there are only 3 Mexicans living in this region, 2 men and a woman.
- Podlaskie (Białystok is the capital of this region): there are only 4 Mexicans living in this region, 3 men and a woman.
- Świętokrzyskie (Kielce is the capital of this region): there are only 5 Mexicans living in this region, 4 women and one man
For us it is very good to know that year after year more Mexicans decide to start a new adventure in Poland. We hope that the number of Mexicans in this country will increase.
If you are a Mexican or Mexican living in Poland: In which region do you live? And in case you are a Mexican who wants to live in Poland in some future, in which city would you like to live? We await your comments.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Very interesting. Some of my relatives would like to have Meican/American food, like they had will in the US