A bank account in PLN (Polish zloty) will probably be one of the first things you will want to have when settling down in Poland – not only for convenience, but also to save money.
Here are some of the most popular banks you can find in Poland. We have also contacted them directly in order to find out which documents will be needed if you are a non-EU citizen and you want to open a bank account in Poland:
|Alior Bank||http://www.aliorbank.pl/||- passport|
- Karta Pobytu or visa
|Bank Pekao||https://www.pekao.com.pl/||- passport|
- other valid ID with photo
|Bank Zachodni WBK (Santander)||https://www.bzwbk.pl/||- passport|
- Karta Pobytu (foreign students of Polish universities can present their student ID instead of Karta Pobytu)
|Citi Handlowy||http://www.citibank.pl||- passport OR Karta Pobytu|
|Deutsche Bank||http://www.deutschebank.pl||- passport|
- tax residency certificate (certyfikat rezydencji podatkowej)*
|mBank||https://www.mbank.pl/||- passport |
- Karta Pobytu
|Millennium||https://www.bankmillennium.pl/||- passport or other foreign ID|
- tax identification number from the country of your tax residency (for Poland: PESEL or NIP)
|PKO Bank Polski||http://pkobp.pl/||- passport|
- other valid ID
* Although Karta Pobytu is not required to open an account, in practice you need to have Polish residency (so have a Karta Pobytu) in order to obtain the tax residency certificate (more info here: Tax Residency Certificate). If you do not have a Karta Pobytu in Poland, and your tax residency is in another country (e.g. Mexico), you will need to provide the bank with a document in English issued by the tax authorities in the respective country.
Keep in mind that when opening a bank account, some documents and forms will probably be in Polish language. To make sure you are safe and understand everything you sign, it would be a good idea to have a Polish person accompany you to the bank.
Read more about the most popular topics related to living in Poland here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?